This change from AX 2012 functionality to Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain impacted planning for many customers. Dynamics 365 was only using the product lead time and did not consider resource and route information for planning. We are pleased to see that this has been corrected and will be in full release in September 2021.
- Enables planners to view resource load and determine delivery lead time.
- Includes resource and route information.
- Schedules production suggestions with infinite capacity.
If you haven't upgraded, then its probably time to begin that plan. AX versions are quickly moving out of extended support. We can help you determine what functionality if anything is still missing from Dynamics 365, check your customizations against new features, and help you plan your upgrade. Call us at 800.331.8382 or email email@example.com to find out about an assessment.
Check out these learning resources:
- eLearning is a good place to start your journey in evaluating Dynamics 365: Online courses and training, check out Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management on Microsoft Learn.
- Get started videos: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/fin-ops/get-started/videos
- The Total Economic Impact whitepaper below is also a good resource to help sell the upgrade to your business decision makers.