After much anticipation Microsoft has released the system requirements for Dynamics 365 Enterprise for Finance and Operations. This is the June 2017 document is sure to be updated with more client (workstation) requirements but we have been clamoring for Microsoft to release this document. Some of our customers and prospects do not want to migrate to SaaS or the cloud. This release also confirms Microsoft's commitment to accommodating all deployment scenarios not forcing its customers to either the cloud or on premise. The software will be available for purchase or as a SaaS model. More about that in other articles.
Contents: Dynamics 365 Enterprise System Requirements for On Premise Deployment
- Architecture Data storage
- System requirements for on-premises environments
- Network requirements
- Telemetry data transfer to the cloud Domain requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Minimum infrastructure requirements Processor and RAM requirements Storage
- Virtual host requirements
- Software requirements for all server computers Supported server operating systems
- Software requirements for database servers Software requirements for client computers
- Software requirements for Active Directory Federation Services Hardware and software requirements for Retail components
- Hardware sizing for on-premises environments
- Factors that affect sizing
- Sizing your Finance and Operations environment SQL Server (OLTP)
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) AOS (Online and batch)
- Management reporter
- SQL Server Reporting Services Environment Orchestrator Virtualization and oversubscription
Feel free to download this document, but keep in mind that it may change so please do your due diligence by calling or emailing us for additional information or an updated document. Our technical team is highly educated and experienced with the old AX and the new Dynamics 365 Enterprise deployment requirements.
Download here: Dynamics365EnterpriseOnPremiseSystemRequirements
Client First is a Microsoft Gold ERP Partner and Cloud Service Provider (CSP) with a team of tenured specialists with core competencies in the implementation and support of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and it's base code: Dynamics AX. In fact we have over 200 years combined experience in Dynamics AX. To explore all the capabilities of Dynamics 365 and find out how this business solution can help your manufacturing, supply chain, or MRO organization achieve its full potential. Reach out to our Texas or Minnesota location and get more information on how Dynamics 365 Enteprise can transform your business.
Dynamics 365 Enterprise for Operations and Finance (the new Dynamics AX) is a true Enterprise ERP solution with a global presence. Multi-company, multi-language, and can support multiple lines of business and operations with one software code-set.