These days, it’s impossible for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations customers to avoid hearing about the cloud. As certified Dynamics 365 partners, we help you decide if it makes sense to move your business to the cloud. We review your requirements and ensure you meet your goals and avoid costly mistakes. In addition, this “Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Cloud Application Lifecycle” whitepaper is available below to help with your decision. In this blog, we explain the benefits of the Dynamics 365 One Version model and Lifecycle Services (LCS).
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations One Version
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is available as an on-premise or cloud solution hosted by Microsoft. Microsoft delivers a modern cloud application with the One Version initiative. Customers benefit with Microsoft’s continuous update model by keeping current with the latest updates on a regular basis.
Starting in April 2019, Microsoft now delivers 2 major updates per year plus service updates every month. This FAQ on One Version Service from Microsoft should help answer your questions. Consult with your certified Dynamics 365 partner for more details.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Cloud Application Lifecycle and LCS
The Microsoft Cloud Application Lifecycle is the new way Microsoft delivers software updates. At the beginning of the cycle is Microsoft’s product development and how new features are determined and released. At the end of the cycle is the customer experience with ease of upgrades, usability and performance. Certified Dynamics 365 partners help you manage the timing of your updates with LCS.
LCS is the cloud-based collaboration portal that you and your partner can use to manage Microsoft Dynamics 365 updates and projects. Microsoft’s whitepaper describes this upgrade process in further detail.
Top 4 Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations benefits of moving to the cloud
- Security – In the cloud, you benefit of the experience of Microsoft’s security experts with enterprise level security technology. Most small and medium-sized businesses don’t have the expertise in-house to keep data more secure than the resources of Microsoft. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations can be deployed into the Microsoft Azure datacenters that offer superior data protection.
- Cost savings – The whitepaper states “Upgrading software has historically been a costly and complex process for customers. By absorbing this responsibility, the software provider can dramatically reduce the total cost of ownership for an application. In fact, the change enables more than a shift of cost from the customer to the provider." Microsoft takes on the responsibility to ensure you are always on the latest version of their product.
- Upgrades – Here are some benefits of staying current with the One Version cloud model mentioned in the whitepaper:
- Everyone gets the benefits of the latest features. No one is stuck on less capable older versions
- Issues are fixed quickly and everyone has the fix deployed at the same time
- It is not necessary to test endless combinations of components
- It is not necessary to “backport” changes to many older versions for different customers
- Third-party integrations – Your ISV add-ons and customizations remain intact with every upgrade. You can deploy new add-on solutions through Microsoft AppSource in minutes without extra customizations.
How to move to the Cloud with Dynamics 365
Again, we encourage you to consult with your certified Dynamics 365 partner with any change to your Dynamics 365 solution. If you currently aren’t working with a partner, please contact us. Also, download this whitepaper to learn 8 important considerations for moving to the cloud with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Enterprise Application Lifecycle in the Cloud Era
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 journey
- Refined development practices
- New customization models
- Preparation is essential
- Testing and safe deployment
- Customer choice – You have the choice to decide when you receive a cloud update
- Modern application lifecycle in regulated industries
The Clients First Difference
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Lifecycle Services provides a solid foundation to ensure the smoothest, safest and most efficient transition with an arsenal of implementation tools. In addition, our Clients First portal offers functional and technical expertise to give us an advantage over other Dynamics Partners. Clients First in Minnesota and Texas serve the Dynamics AX and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations customers. We are a Gold ERP and CSP Microsoft Partner. You can reach us at 800.331.8382 or email.
Email: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, or call us at 800.331.8382.