6 Ways to Embrace Continuous Product Improvements with Engineering Change Management
- Centralized product data management: Set up an engineering organization that, through a managed release process, ensures that accurate and relevant product data is available to users across the enterprise.
- Product versioning: Track changes to products through product versions, and control versions throughout all stages of the supply chain.
- Product lifecycle management: Manage the visibility of product data across the organization and control the availability of product versions at each stage of the supply chain. It provides detailed control over when a product version can be used in certain business processes.
- Engineering change management: Enable users throughout the organization to request changes to products. Use engineering change orders to assess and document the impact of proposed changes. Add workflows to manage the engineering change process and the release of new versions of a product.
- Readiness control: Provide system checks and user guidance (using questionnaires and checklists) to ensure necessary product data is fully populated before a product is released.
- Enhanced release product functionality: Enables the release of a fully configured product version from an engineering organization (legal entity) to other legal entities.
Download this informative report on "The Future of Manufacturing" and learn how to maximize the success of your manufacturing operation.