Should You Choose Microsoft Dynamics AX?
Keeping aircrafts in good working condition is a tremendous, continuous challenge. Extended deployment and harsh conditions wear and tear equipment and tools, sometimes preventing the companies implied in aircraft MRO from achieving peak performance and offering the service expected. To help you address and solve specific issues that impede your operational readiness – one of the things you need in order to offer your customers exactly what they expect, when they expect it – Microsoft Dynamics AX is ready to support different areas of your organization, including:
- Integrated Scheduling: Planning maintenance and repair jobs well in advance has a positive impact on your daily operations. But, scheduling such tasks is impossible without competent project management software. Complemented with standalone tools that are incorporated into the master schedule, Microsoft Dynamics AX makes it possible for you to manage all major inputs in program schedules, including human capital, equipment, tools, parts and special requirements. Without a system that incorporates all these elements, managing particular aircraft MRO operations will be very difficult, if not impossible.
- Maintenance and Repair: Having technical data at hand is imperative to ensure aircraft MRO project success. Microsoft Dynamics AX allows your maintainers to access job cards and documents with technical information, which will guide them through the processes they need to complete. To give your staff even more insight into how to perform certain operations, you can choose to complement Dynamics AX with interactive manuals, which include 2D and 3D images, simulations and descriptions.
- Spare Part Ordering: Project success also depends on whether or not the right parts are present at the right station, at the right time. To ensure tool and spare part availability, the item manager or production controller must verify inventories, check parts and equipment against specific engineering updates, and look for tools and parts from multiple suppliers. Delivering a reliable project management software solution that not only includes a special screen for ordering parts and tools, but also provides industry-specific data driven rules, allows you to manage inventory and validate quality and quantity of data, identifies key material providers and supports online integration with appropriate suppliers, Microsoft Dynamics AX can help you address specific issues relating to part and tool ordering. To reduce human error and enhance the spare part ordering process even more, this system also allows you to upload 3D models, which can be used to visually select the parts needed.
- Asset Life Cycle: Having a system that monitors asset life cycle is of major importance if you want to increase equipment availability and reduce the costs associated with breakdown and corrective maintenance. With Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can prevent downtime and extra costs by simply tracking, managing and replacing the components that are about to expire.
- Reporting: Equipped with special reporting functions, Microsoft Dynamics AX can be set up to send alerts regarding specific operations, enabling you to monitor various activities, respond dynamically to events and conduct scenario planning regardless of where you are. Depending on the projects you need to complete, you can configure this project management software to send alerts relating to asset availability, inventory levels, materials quantity variance, costs, performance and cycle time.
Offering incredible capabilities matched against pressing challenges, Microsoft Dynamics AX delivers an invaluable project management software solution that provides the level of technology an organization engaged in aircraft MRO needs in order to conduct its operations efficiently, while cutting complexity, costs and risks.