It’s hard to deny the explosion of ERP solutions available today for small, medium, and large enterprises. Further, the claims made by most ERP vendors sound fantastic. Now, the question is: are they fantastic to all companies, regardless of their niche? Do all organizations need an ERP system? When an enterprise is evaluating ERP solutions, does its size matter? What about start-ups? Could they really benefit from an ERP system? Should they opt for an on-premise or a cloud ERP solution instead?
Yes, we know, there are so many questions. However, choosing the right ERP solution for a start-up is almost impossible without answering all these queries.
Cloud ERP for Start-ups
The first years are always tough for a start-up. Not only is the company new, which means that it doesn’t have a stable, growing client base, the business owner is also looking for ways to save money. This often means cutting down on business expenses.
As a result, most start-ups cannot afford to invest in high-end ERP solutions, which are way too expensive for a young company struggling to survive in a weak economy. Therefore, most start-ups turn to basic accounting systems, which lack the functionality and flexibility they need to keep up with today’s fast-changing marketplace.
However, everything is about to change. Acumatica, a leading provider of business management software products, has specially developed a cloud ERP solution, called the Start-up Program, for newly established businesses. The product makes available a series of accounting and business management capabilities that entrepreneurs can use to take control of their companies. By opting for Acumatica’s Startup Program, you can benefit from:
- Out-of-the-box functionality: Set by default, Acumatica provides valuable insights into key business areas and processes as soon as you implement it. Even greater is that the system can be integrated with existing software solutions, customized according to your needs, and complemented with a variety of applications and tools required to meet specific business goals and industry functionality.
- Superior flexibility: Acumatica offers great deployment flexibility, allowing users to host business information on-premise or in the cloud and in multi-instance or multi-tenant environments. If you choose the cloud ERP alternative, you’ll be able to not only use Acumatica on any device, but also access information and applications from anywhere, at any time. This software solution is also compatible with a variety of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Real-time collaboration: Similar to other ERP solutions, Acumatica comes with a centralized database, which means that everyone has access to the same information, which is updated in real-time according to the changes performed by users. With Acumatica, you can generate or access last minute reports to make informed, timely decisions.
- Useful technology: Acumatica’s Start-up Program can handle large volumes of data and transactions with ease. The Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC), and Bring Your Own Network (BYON) along with Social Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are just a few concepts the system is able to manage without third-party applications.
- Advanced features: Complemented with multi-company, multi-language, and multi-currency capabilities, Acumatica can help you expand into international markets easily and quickly.
- Simple yet effective development environment: The Start-up Program makes available the .NET technology framework, which means that the system can be further developed without having to employ the services of other developers.
- Subscription options: Acumatica gives you the opportunity to invest in a traditional software license or to go for a subscription plan that makes sense for you.
The features included in the Start-up Program have been specially developed to help entrepreneurs handle and streamline different business areas, including financials, distribution, project accounting, and CRM. Additionally, the solution is completely scalable, which means that it grows with your organization, offering complete support through various stages of the business lifecycle.
Enabling users to switch between on-premise and cloud ERP system alternatives and add new functionality as needed, Acumatica is one of the most reliable, cost-effective ERP solutions you can get for your start-up.